raylib»Forums
Ray
62 posts / 1 project
I like videogames/gametools development.
raylib 1.7 released
After almost six months of hard work, new raylib version is ready!

Some highlights of this new version are:

• More than 30 new functions added to the library: functions to control Window, utils to work with filenames and extensions, functions to draw lines with custom thick, raw mesh data loading, functions for 3d ray collisions detailed detection, functions for VR simulation and much more!
  • Support of configuration flags on every raylib module. Advance users can customize raylib just choosing desired features, defining some configuration flags on compilation. That way advance users can control library size and available functionality.
  • Improved build system for all supported platforms (Windows, Linux, OSX, RPI, Android, HTML5) with a unique Makefile to compile sources. Added support for Android compilation with a custom standalone toolchain and also multiple build compilation flags.
  • New examples and sample games added. All sample material has been reviewed, removing useless examples and adding more comprehensive ones; all material has been ported to latest raylib version and tested in multiple platforms. Examples folder structure has been improved and also examples build systems.
  • Improved library consistency and organization in general. Functions and parameters have been renamed, some parts of the library have been cleaned and simplified, some functions have been moved to examples (lighting, Oculus support) towards a more generic library implementation.
  • Some other features: Gamepad support on HTML5, RPI touch screen support, 32bit audio support, timming improvements, public log system, rres file format support, automatic GIF recording...

• For a detailed list of changes, check CHANGELOG.

Probably the most useful addition for students (a part of internal consistency, better organization and more functionality) is the possibility to RECORD GIFs AUTOMATICALLY from current screen, just pressing CTRL+F12 to start/stop recording. Also note that since version 1.0 it is possible to take screenshots automatically just pressing F12.

Any feedback is very appreciated! :)
    10 posts
    raylib 1.7 released
    Many thanks for sharing :)
    Jeremiah Goerdt
    208 posts / 1 project
    Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    raylib 1.7 released
    That's a big list of changes. Well done
    Ray
    62 posts / 1 project
    raylib 1.7 released
    Thanks to you for your words! :D
    19 posts
    raylib 1.7 released
    I'm using raylib for my current project and I was wondering about adding my own gif recording just last week.
    I'll definitely be putting that feature to use. :D
    Ray
    62 posts / 1 project
    raylib 1.7 released
    Hey D3zmodos! Glad to read you like this new feature! Just added it in the last minute, I thought it would be useful for students to show their work... :)

Now it's integrated into raylib core but I'm thinking about making it public to the API... well, actually, it only depends on the header-only file: gif.h, it's a reviewed version (and port to C99) of this file. Actually, I'm reworking some parts of that file, simplyfing usage, reducing function parameters...

Please, keep us updated with your progress on your raylib project! :)
    Matt Mascarenhas
    135 posts / 1 project
    Annotator, supper gatherer and slammer of thunderous high fives
    raylib 1.7 released
    I'm really looking forward to trying raylib. Once I've finished making the new annotation system, which is my current focus, I'll likely try and explore your engine on stream.
    Ray
    62 posts / 1 project
    raylib 1.7 released
    Hey Matt! Nice to read that! Please, let me know if you need any help! :)